- Protects against electrostatic charge
- You can enjoy the favorable printing properties of PLA
These filaments provide different surface resistivities:
- Filaticum Antistatic: relatively slow charge decay
- Filaticum ESD: dissipation or decay of static charges
- Filaticum Conductive: very fast charge decay
To decide for which application which filament suits the best, can be determined mainly experimentally. It depends on the electrical and mechanical requirements of the objects, and the 3D printing parameters. Filaticum Antistatic has the best mechanical properties, similar to standard PLA. Filaticum Conductive is the most rigid in this line, because of the used carbon powder and fiber, required for conductivity. Filaticum ESD is somewhere in the middle range.
Filaticum ESD and Conductive are black, because of the applied carbon. Filaticum Antistatic originally is whitish, crystal color. However according to clients request it can be produced it in any color.
- Housing of circuit boards in electronic industry, and industrial equipment.
- Boxes, containers, covers which protect the products manufactured in the electronics industry
- Covers of products used in electrical environment
- Computer housing, carrier tapes and reels, mechanical jigs, component trays, IC trays.
- ESD safe fixtures and parts
750-gram Filaticum products are winded on a transparent plastic spool. Spools are sealed with shrink foil, and we deliver them in an environmentally friendly cardboard box which is also covered with shrink wrap.
- Filament weight: 750 grams
- Packaged weight: 1,2 kg
- Spool size: 204 mm x 67 mm
- Spool hub diameter: 52 mm
Our filaments are also available in 2.5 kg in the webshop:
- Filament weight: 2,5 kg
- Packaged weight: 3,3 kg
- Spool size: 300 mm x 100 mm
- Spool hub diameter: 52 mm
If you need larger spools (4,5 kg or 9 kg), please contact us!
Filaticum PLA filaments are bio-composite products.
Why bio? The raw materials used are typically natural, derived from renewable resources. The PLA’s raw material is corn, and the additives used in some filaments – e.g. gypsum, carbon fiber, carbon powder – are also natural materials.
Why composite? The filaments contain additives, which make possible to produce filaments with different mechanical, physical and chemical properties, in line with the further application needs. These additives have a positive effect on printability also, and they modify the surface structure of the printed objects.
Thanks to composites, special filaments can be designed and manufactured for different applications. You can read more about composites in our blogpost.
Filaticum filaments can be used in all common 3D printers based on FDM/FFF technology.
The used pigments result in saturated, bright, and friendly colors. The saturation is retained even on objects printed with thinner wall thicknesses. The pigments reach the best thermal stability value according to DIN 54001 and also achieve the best light resistance value according to DIN 53388.
Food safety compliance
Most of the raw materials and pigments used in the production of Filaticum products comply with the regulations in EU (EC Resolution 98(1) and Commission Regulation 10/2011/EC).
Raw material of Filaticum filaments is RoHS certified and REACH compliant.
Filaticum products do not contain or use any hazardous chemicals in the manufacturing process.
Filaticum products are made from natural raw materials and are biodegradable under industrial composting conditions.