Filaticum Electrical’s benefits
- Protects against electrostatic charge
- You can enjoy the favorable printing properties of PLA
These filaments provide different surface resistivities:
- Filaticum Antistatic: relatively slow charge decay
- Filaticum ESD: dissipation or decay of static charges
- Filaticum Conductive: very fast charge decay
To decide for which application which filament suits the best, can be determined mainly experimentally. It depends on the electrical and mechanical requirements of the objects, and the 3D printing parameters. Filaticum Antistatic has the best mechanical properties, similar to standard PLA. Filaticum Conductive is the most rigid in this line, because of the used carbon powder and fiber, required for conductivity. Filaticum ESD is somewhere in the middle range.
Filaticum ESD and Conductive are black, because of the applied carbon. Filaticum Antistatic originally is whitish, crystal color. However according to clients request it can be produced it in any color.
- Housing of circuit boards in electronic industry, and industrial equipment.
- Boxes, containers, covers which protect the products manufactured in the electronics industry
- Covers of products used in electrical environment
- Computer housing, carrier tapes and reels, mechanical jigs, component trays, IC trays.
- ESD safe fixtures and parts
Filaticum products are winded on a transparent plastic spool. Spools are sealed with shrink foil, and we deliver them in an environmentally friendly cardboard box which is also covered with shrink wrap.
- Filament weight: 750 gram
- Packaged weight: 1 kg
- Spool size: 200 mm x 55 mm
- Spool hub diameter: 52 mm
- Box size:218 x 205 x 76 mm
Filaticum PLA products differ from most used filaments in that they are composite material, which means, that in addition to PLA they contain several ingredients: pigment, lubricant, filler, impact modifier. Modification of PLA resulted a “softer” filament with easy to print characteristic, even at lower temperature. The low shrinkage of Filaticum PLA results, that the printed object will not deform, accordingly, there is no need for heated bed.
Thanks to the strict quality control from the purchase of the raw material to the production, the smooth roundness and the exact diameter of the produced filaments result in excellent 3D printing quality. Filaticum products can be used with all common desktop 3D printers based on FDM / FFF technology.